THE ENCOUNTER – SIMULATED DEBATE: Jew for Judaism vs Jew for Jesus – Rabbi Skobac & Daniel Ventresca This video is a simulated presentation of what might happen when a rabbi meets a Jew who has embraced Christianity. Such Jews do not believe that they have abandoned Judaism and actually claim that since embracing Jesus they have become more committed to Judaism.
Of course this is the crux of their conversation. While their life might seem better after leaving behind an aimless secular lifestyle and becoming a committed follower of Jesus – the rabbi points out that this has nothing to do with Judaism.
Their discussion covers many of the points that will often come up in such conversations, including the topic of the Messiah and how we are forgiven for our transgressions. The rabbi responds to each of the challenges raised, but most importantly, seeks to plant seeds for consideration that will lead to further exploration by the Jew for Jesus.
● JEWS FOR JUDAISM is an outreach organization whose primary goal is to win back to Judaism those Jews who have been influenced by the following six threats to Jewish survival that are devastating the global Jewish community. 1. Hebrew-Christian missionaries convert thousands of Jews worldwide every year
2. Destructive cults cause many Jews to abandon family, friends and careers
3. Eastern religions, Buddhism and Hinduism are spiritual choices for many Jews
4. Apathy and ignorance leave many Jews unaware, unaffiliated and assimilated
5. Intermarriage is exploding with a 75% rate in some North American cities
6. Anti-Israel BDS on campus inhibits Jewish students from standing up for Israel and Judaism
To assist non-Jews who have left other religions, JEWS FOR JUDAISM also provides educational programs to help them embrace the Torah’s Seven Noachide Laws for Gentiles.
We achieve our goals through our worldwide Internet outreach, Social Media, free educational programs, educational literature and counseling services that connect Jewish people to the spiritual depth, beauty and wisdom of Judaism.
“I am so grateful to have discovered the wonderful Jews for Judaism YouTube lectures by Rabbi Skobac. I am a Jew who converted to Christianity in college, but now, thanks to your online outreach, I have returned to Judaism. Thank you.” – Rebecca G.
In a nutshell, Jews for Judaism saves Jewish lives and keeps Jews Jewish.
PLEASE SUPPORT JEWS FOR JUDAISM’S LIFE-SAVING WORK! Your help is very much needed and greatly appreciated. Jews for Judaism never charges for its programs, books and counseling services… ever. We rely solely on donations from people like you.
To donate click here: https://www.canadahelps.org/dn/24741
Thank you very much. JEWS FOR JUDAISM
3110 Bathurst St, PO Box 54042,
Toronto, ON, CANADA M6A 3B7
T: 416-789-0020 • F: 416-789-0030
Add a public comment…
It is easy to disprove Christian theology: The Torah says plainly “G-D is not man, nor the son of man!” Jesus was a false prophet who claimed to be “the son of man” and made a false prophesy about the Kingdom being restored “before the death of his disciples” (Matthew 16.28) – that did not happen as Acts 1.6-7 demonstrates so we classify him according to Deuteronomy 13 as a nevi sheker (a false prophet)! End of story